Saturday, January 17, 2015

Banana Split Pie



I've been making this recipe for years. The first time I made it was for a party for our birthing class.  That was for my first baby, Morgan, who is now almost 29!  After we had all had our babies, we got together for a picnic/party in a park on Mother's Day.  We were all first time parents.  It was so fun to see each other's babies and share our birth stories. And the dessert was a hit!
The original recipe called for a cookie crumb crust, for which I have always substituted a graham crumb crust.  And for the first time ever, I bought a ready made crust!  It's just Zac and I at the Little Shack, and I am busy doing all kinds of projects while we are here.  My kitchen is an official disaster zone as I finish up painting and then rearranging things.  So, I decided it was worth the cheat!  You can make it with a ready made crust (which makes it super fast and easy to make) or just follow the directions on a box of graham wafer crumbs to make one from scratch.



For this recipe you will need:

Printable Recipe-click here

1 graham wafer prepared crust
1/2 Cup margarine or butter, softened
1 egg
1 Cup powdered or icing sugar
2 bananas
1 15oz. can of crushed pineapple, drained (or you can put chunks or tidbits into a blender, drained first)
1-2 Cups Whipped cream or whipped topping
1/4 Cup chopped nuts (optional)

First, if you are making your crust from scratch, get that ready and press into an ungreased pie plate.
If you are using a pre-made crust, you can start here...
In a mixer bowl, add egg, 1/2 Cup margarine or butter and the 1 Cup icing/powdered sugar.  Cream for 10-15 minutes until smooth. Spread this over your crust evenly.
Next, slice the peeled bananas and lie flat over the creamed mixture, covering the whole thing.


Now, spoon the crushed or pureed pineapple over the bananas and spread evenly.


Top this with the whipped cream or whipped topping and then sprinkle with the nuts (if you are using them).


Chill in the fridge for 4-5 hours and then enjoy!



This recipe can be doubled and made in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan as well.  Just cut it into squares instead of wedges.

26 comments:

  1. Hmmm, it looks yummy! I'm not a fan of bananas but thie pie looks great.

    Momfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole! Even if you aren't a banana fan, you will probably still like this. You could try to make it without bananas though. Maybe extra pineapple??-Sue

      Delete
  2. This pie looks so good! I can't wait to give this one a try. Thanks so much for sharing...I'm pinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christie....it didn't last long! Already planning to make it again! Thanks for stopping by!-Sue

      Delete
  3. This just looks amazing! Banana Splits are my favorite desserts! I can't wait to try this! Definitely going to share and pin this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittani! I'm glad you came by the Little Shack. You will love this for sure! It's one of my favourite desserts. My son, Zac, asked the morning after I made it for dessert, if he could have a piece for breakfast. He was surprised when I said "Sure!" But, then I had a piece too. Any excuse!!-Sue

      Delete
  4. Whoo this looks yummy, love all things with banana in it :)

    Thanks for linking up #WednesdayBlogHop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Claire! I tell myself that because it has bananas and fruit in it that it counts as a fruit serving. ;) -Sue

      Delete
  5. Yummy! Thanks for sharing on Tasty Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! Hope you will try it out! See you on Tasty Tuesday!-Sue

      Delete
  6. This looks absolutely delicious, thanks for sharing this at Good Morning Mondays. I am going to give this a try. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri! I enjoyed meeting up at the Good Morning Mondays party!-Sue

      Delete
  7. Yum!! This looks great! Thank you for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Board.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jenny....thanks for pinning it on the board! I love bragging at the Bloggers Brags Pinterest party!-Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this at Tuesdays with a Twist! I made something similar *ages* ago then sort of forgot about it! Thanks for the reminder. I'd like to feature this post tomorrow at Tuesdays with a Twist! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marci! Wow! I'm honoured to have this featured! Thanks so much!!-Sue

      Delete
  10. Congrats! We have selected this post to feature on Wake Up Wednesday Link Party. Find it here- http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2015/01/wake-up-wednesday-linky-party-53.html

    Cheers,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a bunch Tanya! Get it? Bananas...bunch....I guess it was pretty bad. ;) lol! I'll be stopping by and linking at the party!-Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, my mouth is watering! I bet this is fantastic, with the bananas & pineapples too! I'm stopping by from the Wednesday hop & it's nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I always love it when people take the time to say HI!-Sue

      Delete
  13. Thank you for submitting to Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for linking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday! This looks yummy. Love the combination of flavors. So summery! I hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth! Thanks for visiting the Little Shack and commenting!-Sue

      Delete
  15. Oh. My. Goodness!! I always find at least one of these recipes that make me say that!! LOL I'm stopping by from the Snickerdoodle Sunday Link Party. This one is definitely getting pinned! :o)

    Debi @ That Crafty Lunch Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! Let me know how you enjoy the pie!-Sue

      Delete

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!