Friday, November 14, 2014

Saying Goodbye to the Shack

Tomorrow morning we leave the Little Shack bound for Vancouver Island and our family. We'll be away for awhile...like, til June!  Well, actually Trev and I will probably be back in about 10 days. He has an appointment with his surgeon then and we will make the trip back for that.  Whether we'll actually be able to get to the Shack is another matter.  As winter is now closing in on us here, with the ground already frozen solid and the lakes iced over, snow is not far behind.  We've had a few flurries in the past couple of days. Threats, but nothing substantial. In the next week or so it could suddenly dump a load and that'll be it till April! If it snows, we'd have to park at the bottom of the driveway and hike up to the Shack. Not fun, but 'been there, done that'.  We'll have to see how the weather goes before we can plan on coming back to the Shack then.
So, we are leaving tomorrow with everything we 'have to have' in case we can't get back. We will be living full time in our Little Shack on Wheels.  It's actually not a Shack, it's a travel trailer, and as trailers go, it's not that little.  32 feet of wonderful, simple living space. We purchased it in the spring after an extensive search for just the right one. We are thrilled with it! I've been looking forward to going full-time in it for months and now that it's here, it's great....but I am going to miss my Little Shack on the Hill.  I think I have appreciated living here more in the last few weeks than ever before.  The peace and quiet, the birds and squirrels that visit the deck each day, the view of the valley, the sunrises and sunsets.  It is such a lovely spot to be.  I am going to miss it.






On the other hand,  I am going to enjoy being close to our kids, and our grandkids!  I've been eagerly awaiting the time when we can all be together more often.  Christmas will be spent with all our kids and grandkids together. Can't wait!
So, for the next several months, I'll be blogging away from the Shack.  Look for posts on cooking and living in an RV with 3 people, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a Bearded Dragon lizard!  It's sure to be an adventure!  Stay tuned!







8 comments:

  1. Your life is such an adventure! I look forward to hearing about life in a RV. So nice that you'll be spending time with family. Take care! And stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry! I'm glad you stopped by. I am enjoying your Christmas Crafts series by the way! On we are settled into the RV I plan on having my granddaughter Taylor over for some 'crafting with Nana Sue'! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly sounds like an adventure. It will be interesting tagging along and doing some traveling over the internet. That's where I do most of my traveling:) Here's wishing you and wonderful adventure and pleasant driving conditions wherever you go.
    have fun, Your blogging Sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie! Thanks for the good wishes and the follow! I'll try not to let you down in the travel department. At the moment we are busy settling into the RV park we decided on for our first month in the trailer. Fantastic view of Georgia Strait from our space....can't beat that! It's been extremely cold here so had all our plug-in heaters and the furnace on since we parked to get things warmed up. Thanks for stopping by...Sue

      Delete
  4. Your shack sounds amazing! Look forward to your adventures in the RV! So happy to hear you will be able to spend time with family ;)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Thanks for stopping by. We are certainly enjoying being close to our family...and they are obviously enjoying it too as I am around to babysit! Getting to spend time with my grandkids is awesome!-Sue

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a fantastic adventure. Have a great time and lots of fun with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine! I'm already having a blast! Babysitting 2 of my grandkids all day today! Thanks for stopping in! Take care!-Sue

      Delete

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!