Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Snow!

Two Dark-Eyed Juncos waiting their turn at the feeder.
After a week of beautiful, warm, sunny spring weather, we are being hit with winter again.  Today is the 2nd day in a row we've had snow.  After a snow blizzard yesterday morning, the day ended up turning back to spring and I was able to get out and do some raking and garden prep.  But..this morning when I looked out into the yard...snow...on the ground!  Yeesh!  It is still coming down and the weather forecast is for it to continue all day.  At least I know this is pretty normal.  Last year on April 15th we had snow....

April 15th, 2012

This April, the winter snow has melted fast with our week of 'real' spring weather, so the old piles of snow around the property are fewer and the ones left are smaller.  I found all kinds of green shoots popping up around the garden and yard yesterday...even some that were still half covered with snow!  God's world is amazing!
Here are some wintry snaps from today.  Even though I'd rather be outside in my yard, the fresh snow is still a lovely thing!  

Yesterday morning- April 6th.



Today from the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!