Sunday, April 15, 2012

April Snow

Sunday morning at the Little Shack brought fresh snow.  Thankfully, it only stuck in the trees and on the old snow.  It's melting fast, so when the sun broke through the clouds for a few minutes, I grabbed my camera and ran out onto the deck to snap a few shots to share.


Looking west at the corner in the driveway.

Looking south.  You can see the road below the Shack here.

Zoomed in on this lovely old barn down the hill.
 Our road winds past this on it's way to the main road. 

In this shot you can see the green roofs of the little country store's cabins.
The white straight snow line is the Kettle Valley Railway trail (KVR),
 which runs through the valley from Summerland to Tullameen.
Above that is the still iced over Link Lake.

6 comments:

  1. Snow?!?! Wow! It is blazing hot here in Florida. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful picts!!! I'm a new fan from the Get Connected Blog Hop! Have a blessed day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics ~ You have incredible scenery where you live :) We've had snow several times in April as well. I'm a little tired of it now as I'm eager to get out in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks beautiful!! Thanks for linking up :)

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really beautiful even though it's April.


    Have a great WW
    POSH

    ReplyDelete
  6. You take such beautiful pictures! Great scenery too!
    I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Come check it out when you have a chance. :-)
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!