Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wee Mouse for Taylor.

I had to show off this sweet little mouse and her teeny teddy that I made for my granddaughter, Taylor!  I purchased the pattern from Larissa at the Mmmcrafts blog.  She has an Etsy shop here where she has some really cute patterns for sale, and on her blog you will find some free patterns!  I had so much fun making this little mouse and can't wait to hear how Taylor likes it!  The little mouse and her teddy fit inside a Altoids Mint tin.  The pattern was very easy to follow and had plenty of written and picture directions.  The only snag I ran into was when I cut out the mattress for the mouse's bed, only to discover it was too small for my tin!  Low and behold, Canadian Altoid tins are bigger than American ones!  Who'da thunk!!  It was easy enough to enlarge the mattress and blanket pieces though, and I made the pillow a wee bit bigger too.  I also added wee whiskers to my mouse.  It is so cute!!  I just love it!  Now I'm waiting for some other opportunity to make another one for someone!  Thanks, Larissa, for this sweet pattern!


Note the 50 grams!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    You did a great job! I am sure your granddaughter will be thrilled to receive these cute gifts! I am a new Follower of your Blog. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue! Good to know about the 50g Altoids tin! I didn't know they were a different size. Your mouse and house are adorable! The blanket looks like a mini quilt with that grid pattern. Thanks so much for the linkage too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a super duper cute little mouse and teddy. It is so well made, I hope you are proud of yourself, and I am sure the little person who receives it will be over-the-moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh we did similar last year, made a few monsters for the tins, a snowman and a couple others mind went blank. we had tons of fun cutting out scraps to fit our tins. Works great too with those gift card tins. Great imagination tool!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!