Saturday, December 17, 2011

On My Mind....

As part of the On My Mind post at Down to Earth...On my mind today is my beautiful, brave granddaughter, Taylor.  Taylor was diagnosed with leukemia in August of 2010, just before she turned 2 years old.  It has been a long, hard, scary road for her and our family but she has been doing extremely well.  She is now in the maintenance stage of her treatment. Her hair has grown back, and she is able to lead a fairly normal life now.  At her last chemo treatment they found that her ANC count was very low again, which means she can't fight off infections.  They think this is probably because her body is fighting off something as simple as a cold right now.  We are all praying her counts will improve and she and her mom and dad will be able to attend the Christmas Eve service and also come to our home for New Years.
She has been a real trooper through all the pokes and prods, hospital stays, clinic visits and having to be away from home so much.  Nana Sue is so very proud of her!

1 comment:

  1. I Hope and Pray for her to be able to be with her family for Christmas (extended).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!